Wall Paints can transform your house into a whole different place and are essential for home décor purposes. However, with the availability of different types of paints in the market, it becomes overwhelming when choosing the right colour for specific purposes.
Understanding different types of paints and their functionalities based on their performance is essential to wall paint selection. In this blog, we present a few types of paints for the exterior painters Brisbane Northside of your house. This guide can sort your matter when picking the right wall paint types.
Cement paints are one of the most used wall paints best suited for exterior painting. They are a low-cost option available in a wide range of colours. Their significant advantage is protection against all-weather and problems like leakage and seepage.
The cement paints carry incredible cement properties, forming a good bond with the walls. They are the best option for the exterior surfaces, as they can restrict grime accumulation on the wall and stop water penetration. These paints are available in powdered form and can be prepared using water as per the instructions mentioned in the product.
Curing the cement paints, just like any other cement-based product, is very important to achieve optimal results.
- The cement paint must be prepared in the required quantity per the instructions mentioned in the product. The paint, once prepared, must be consumed immediately.
- The bag of cement paint must be kept in a dry area, away from any dampness or moisturizer.
- Once opened, the bag of cement paint must be closed properly to maintain the cementing property of the paint.
- The cementing property of the paint can be diminished if it comes in contact with wet conditions during storage.
- They are readily available in the market.
- They are an economical option for the users.
- These paints are easy to maintain.
- They are available in a wide range of colour themes.
Emulsion paints are another commonly used paint for exterior purposes. They are water-soluble paints and are known as latex paints. These paints possess fast-drying characteristics, which is why they are a popular choice among many buyers in the market.
The emulsion paints contain polymers, resins and additives that add to the special properties of the paint. With the stronger colour retention abilities, they said to last longer than normal paints on the walls. One of the biggest advantages of emulsion paints is that they don’t leave any odor and dry up quickly.
They can only be applied on the prepared exterior walls after sealing wall cracks and cement primer application.
- Emulsion paints have a self-priming category, a special paint that doesn’t require a primer coat and can be directly applied to the wall’s surface.
- They are available in both glossy and matte paint.
- The emulsion paints are diluted using clean water to achieve the required consistency. This can be checked in the product description.
- They are easy to apply on the exterior walls.
- They offer a long life due to certain characteristics.
- They provide good coverage on the wall.
- These paints are available in many colours.
They are oil-based solvents characterized by the key qualities of oil paints, like slow drying abilities and concreteness. This option could be more economical for the users, and it is expensive due to its fine advantages.
However, enamel paints render high durability and provide a glossy finish look to the walls. The prime quality of the enamel paints is their resistance against water and stains. These paints offer a high-quality finish and long-lasting characteristics, but following safety precautions when applying them on the exterior walls is very important. Enamel Paints one of the Expensive Types of Paints.
- Water-based enamel can be thinned by pouring a portion into the clean bucket and then adding water to achieve consistency.
- While using enamel paints, wear protective gloves, goggles and a mask to avoid inhalation of fumes.
- Oil-based enamel paints will result in a smoother finish than water-based ones. They can be chosen as per the needs and requirements.
- They are the perfect option for humid and wet spaces.
- They are highly popular for woodwork, metal work and window work.
- They offer great coverage, hardness and retention for longer periods.
- Enamel paints are a long-lasting option for wood and metal surfaces.
The use of texture paints for the exterior walls is growing. They are one of the popular types of paint these days, giving the walls a uniform and elegant look. These paints in liquid form are readily available in the market. Generally, two coats of texture paint create a perfect textured wall surface.
Texture paints are also available in powder or paste form, and a single coat of textured paint paste is sufficient to achieve a perfect textured wall.
- Different texture effects can be created using different kinds of texture paints.
- They are available on the market in liquid, powdered or paste form and can be bought as the requirement.
- They are easy to apply.
- They hide any imperfections on the walls.
- Texture paints can disguise the wall cracks finely.
- They offer a long life.